Adah is a product of love. A love for weaves, prints and dyes. A love for fabric and a love for the people who make it. Adah believes that to truly loving a piece of clothing means to utilize every inch of it, to empower those who spent time crafting it and to honour the earth that provided the means for it.
How it All Began:
While at fashion school, founder and owner Leesha Agarwal spent much of her time interning or working with various MNCs. What struck her most from this experience was the amount of scrap fabric and waste that went into landfills every day. She also noticed that workers were underpaid and over utilized, often working excruciatingly long hours. And while these companies drew in massive profits, their own people did not gain the benefit nor were their customers aware of where their clothes came from.
She decided to do it differently, and Adah was born – an ethical, zero waste, handloom fashion brand.
At the heart of everything is an inherent need to do good
- WE SOURCE DIRECTLY: Fabrics are sourced from different parts of India and directly from the weavers. No middlemen involved. Weavers are always paid the right amount for their effort and time.
- WE ARE ZERO WASTE: Everything we use, we use fully. Nothing goes into our bins.
- WE GIVE DUE CREDIT: Our garments are produced by multiple tailors, each of whom is credited for the garment they have made. When you purchase from us, we tell you who made your clothes.
- WE RECYCLE: All tags used for branding are made with recycled Tetra Packs. Paper usage is kept to a minimum and we never use plastic.
- WE UPCYCLE: We upcycle every loose end, bobble and scrap fabric into earrings, diaries, hair scrunchies, bows, hanger covers – you name it!
- WE EMPOWER: Our earrings are made by and support the young women of the CHAIIM Foundation. Our bows and hair scrunchies are made by Monica Didi who quit her full-time job as a maid to make these items at her convenience, allowing her to spend more time with her young children.
With every purchase you are supporting a local brand and helping the environment. The Earth and we would like to thank you for that.